Friday, December 12, 2008

Money or Love?

I bring this topic up today because I've been living below my means the past couple months. I've invested a large amount of my money into a project that has not been completed and I've been forced to cut back on spending.
During this time, I've come to realize that even though I have no money, I am still happy because I have good friends and family.
So that brings up the question. Is it more important to have these good relationships and struggle financially, or is it better to focus more on your finances while your relationships deteriorate?

I guess it comes down to what you value. This has always been a tough question for me to answer. I've always felt that there were two forces pulling me. One being to succeed financially and the other is just to enjoy life. The problem with this is that I haven't been able to find the balance.

Got any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. That's a tough question that I've battled with as well. Is it possible to have both? Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? And if so, which one would you choose? I guess this isn't that helpful a comment, but just wanted to relate with you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, they seem to be mutually exclusive because sacrifices have to be made to attain one or the other.
    Maybe you can help me find out how to balance this issue and obtain success with out having to sacrificing your relationships.

    ReplyDelete